I hope you have all enjoyed a good summer, or are still enjoying it, wherever you are or have been.
We are now gearing up to the second half of our tasting year with our September tasting which is on the 20th at La Senia in Denia, a beautiful location for a September tasting. We have invited John Davis to present wines on the theme of “ Is climate change a good thing?” John is already known to some members and, in 2017, is celebrating 50 years in the wine industry. He is the president of the Association of Wine Cellermen, owned Trapps Cellars in London and now spends his time, running wine tastings, valuing cellars, wine judging and some trading. We are indeed lucky to have such a knowledgeable speaker prepared to visit us and we hope for an excellent turnout to welcome him. We have been purchasing the wines for the evening and he has chosen some gems for us to taste. We anticipate a good attendance so if you are bringing guests book early.
As we will have had a break of three months since our last meeting, I thought I might remind you of the few rules we have in place just to make it easier for everyone to have a great evening. There are a few little changes so may I ask you just to read them through again to make sure you are clear. Thank you.
- Reservations and choice of main course please to: Penny Floodgate Tel: 965794996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations must be received no later than the deadline 12.00 noon on Friday 14th September.
- When you book Penny will ALWAYS confirm back to you. If you haven’t had a confirmation, we don’t have your booking! Please contact Penny again.
- If a tasting is open to guests Penny must be advised of their menu choices at the time of making a request for places. You will be advised after the deadline for bookings if there is sufficient space for us to welcome your guests.
- Doors will open at 19.30 and welcome drinks will not be available before that time. Please do not arrive before then to allow the committee time to arrange the tables etc.
- Table numbers are always allocated by a draw from the bag. Arriving early will not influence your table number!
- As we now collect the money at the tables it would be helpful if you bring the correct amount.
- If you need to cancel after the Friday deadline you should contact Penny direct. Please DO NOT contact the venue.
- Sorry – but if you have to cancel after the deadline or don’t turn up you will still have to pay.
- The dress code for men is jacket and tie, although the latter is not obligatory. If the weather is exceptionally warm the President will invite gentlemen to remove jackets if they wish.
Recepción con cava
Pan con tomate
Ensalada les marines
Taco Valenciano con Pico de gallo
Lingote de cochinila con salsa valenciana y crujiente ibérico
Plato principal a elegir
Paletilla de cordero
Salmón con crema chirivía
Cremoso de Mango
Cost 35€ p/p 40€ for guests
Looking forward to seeing you all on the 20th September
Paul Nicholls, President