- The Society has a registered constitution and Members elect officers at the AGM each year.
- The principal aim of the Society is to assist members of many nationalities discern good value wines, especially Spanish, among the huge range on offer, usually by means of blind tastings.
- We taste mostly Spanish wines; sometimes we compare them with imported wines; on other occasions we may taste wines from other countries. The wines we taste can normally be purchased locally.
- The Society is non profit making (sin lucro) and does not trade in wine.
- Meetings are normally held in the evening on the 3rd Thursday of the month, except near Christmas, and not at all in July and August, at venues currently within the Calpe to Denia area.
- A short talk on wine usually precedes the tasting which is followed by a meal, paid for on arrival. Members complete a score sheet for each wine tasted; the average of these scores is calculated later. The scores of individuals are compared and those near the average are awarded a point. (See Wine Assessments for further explanations).
- A programme outlining our activities is published and distributed.
- In the interests of wine appreciation, smoking is not permitted in the dining room.
- The annual membership fee for this year will be €20.
- Attendance and menu choice normally have to be confirmed by midday on the Monday preceding a tasting by phone to Penny Floodgate on tel 96 579 4996 or by or e.mail:email@example.com. E-mail bookings will be confirmed by reply. Cancellations and no shows after the reservation deadline of Monday midday are due for full payment and must be paid prior to the members next attendance, extenuating circumstances will be considered by the President and Treasurer and that decision will be communicated to the member in writing or by email within 3 days.
- Guests are welcome to participate at most meetings on payment of a small surcharge.
- A Newsletter is circulated monthly to members and waiting list members, giving details of future activities. Further printed and oral information is available at monthly venues.
- Excursions are arranged to local and national wine producing areas. The Society accepts no responsibility for any of the Events it organises, either monthly or on tours or trips – participation in all such activities is at one’s own personal insurance risk.
- We limit membership to a maximum agreed at each AGM, currently 120. Thereafter a waiting list is established.
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.