January AGM and Tasting
Following the AGM at Restaurante La Senia, Denia (for minutes go to web site or click on “AGM”), 62 members tasted President John Sloggie’s “President’s Choice” of 5 wines for our first tasting of the year. For full details of the tasting go to Recent Tastings on the web site or click on “January” The cost of each wine, where it can be purchased and average score given by members is shown in the list of wines tasted in 2017, which can be found by clicking on “Wines tasted in 2017”.
Wine Tasting at Casa Del Vino, Jávea – February 8th at 19.00
Santiago the owner of Urbezo Wines in Cariñena has contacted us to invite our members to a special tasting of some of his outstanding wines. Several years ago he presented his wines at a tasting and has in recent years achieved excellent marks and awards which now make him one of the best winemakers in this DO. The tasting is free so all you need to do is phone Casa del Vino 96 646 3098.
Bodegas Bleda will be at Moraira, Solpark Parking, on 9th of February, from 12.00 until about 14.30 to sell their wines from their van. We visited Bodegas Bleda in October 2013 and enjoyed their wines immensely and they were good value for money. They are offering their traditional wines of the line Castillo de Jumilla and, their successful wine under the brand “Pino Doncel. On this occasion, they regret to inform us that, because of lack of stock, they won’t be able to offer the wines Divus and Pino Doncel Vintage
The February Tasting will take place at Restaurant Cumbre, Cumbre del Sol, Benitachell on February 16th when “New Wines for a New Year” will be presented by Thamar and Eva from Casa de Vinos.
Please remember that the booking deadline is now the FRIDAY before the tasting.
- Reservations and choice of main course please to: Penny Floodgate Tel: 965794996 or email email@example.com. Reservations must be received no later than the deadline 12.00 noon on Friday 10th February
- When you book Penny will ALWAYS confirm back to you. If you haven’t had a confirmation, we don’t have your booking! Please contact Penny again.
- Bookings will close at the stated time. We regret that NO bookings can be accepted after that date/time.
- Doors will open at 19.30 and welcome drinks will not be available before that time. Please do not arrive before then to allow the committee time to arrange the tables etc.
- Table numbers are always allocated by a draw from the bag. Arriving early will not influence your table number!
- As we now collect the money at the tables it would be helpful if you bring the correct amount.
- If you need to cancel after the Friday deadline you should contact Penny direct. Please DO NOT contact the venue.
- Sorry – but if you have to cancel after the deadline or don’t turn up you will still have to pay.
Entradas en centro mesa:
Paté de pato con pan de miel
Rulitos de Salmón con crema de queso y vinagreta
Crujiente de langostino con PX
Camembert frito con confitura de arándanos
Croquetas caseras de jamón
Sorbete de Limón al Cava
Lomos de rape con salsa de almendra
Cordero Nacional asado al horno
Tarta hojaldrada de manzana con salsa de albaricoque y helado de vainilla
Aperitivo: Copa de Cava o vino blanco por persona
Cost 30€ for members 35€ for guests
May I remind you that if there is any subject you wish to raise concerning the Society or the Tastings, please feel free to contact me. My contact details are on the “Committee” page of the Society web site.
I will be away for this tasting and Vice President Paul Nicholls will hosting the tasting.