I had the pleasure to welcome 54 members to the Christmas tasting at the Restaurante Nau Nau in the Jávea Sailing Club. This was a new venue for the Society and was enjoyed for its lovely cosy atmosphere and excellent food. The final meeting of the Society each year is traditionally not a tasting but a Christmas celebration during which good food and wine is enjoyed, but not marked, in a party atmosphere. Also at this event a number of presentations are made.
This year’s Wine Taster of the Year was won by Keith Pacey with a hard to beat 100%. He was presented with a trio of wines. Joint runners up were Renate Pluis and Ted Floodgate with 98%. Sharing third place were Andrew Johnson and Pat Pacey both with 97%. Congratulations to these members who once again have demonstrated their wine tasting skills. The runners up and third place members were also presented with gifts of wine.
I also took the opportunity to present bottles of wine to 5 people who had attended all 10 tastings in 2016 Colin and Sue Donadio, Tim and Sandy Fawle and Renata Pluis who have all attended all 10 tastings this year. A full report appears on the web site, click on December Tasting
Besana Reserva 2009 wins a Silver Medal in Mindus Vini 2016
Hacienda Villarta, one of the venues we visited on the 2016 wine trip, has been awarded one of the 302 medals obtained by Spain during Mundus Vini 2016 Summer Tasting which was held in the German city of Neustadt. Besanas Reserva 2009 was awarded a medal of silver. https://www.meininger.de/es/wine/2009-hacienda-villarta-besanas-reserva,
January 2017 AGM and Tasting
This is a member’s only event
Our Annual General Meeting which I hope you will be able to attend will be held at 18.30 on Thursday 19th January 2017 at La Senia in Denia. The AGM Agenda is now published on the website under AGM and can be found directly by clicking on Agenda.
Our January tasting will follow the meeting at 19.30, when I will be presenting a selection of wines. Further details and the agenda for the AGM will be issued closer to the time. Hostal Loreto will offer their customary discount of 10% to members wishing to stay overnight in Denia. Please remember that the booking deadline is now the FRIDAY before the tasting.
- Reservations and choice of main course please to: Penny Floodgate Tel: 965794996 or email email@example.com. Reservations must be received no later than the deadline 12.00 noon on Friday 13th January
- When you book Penny will ALWAYS confirm back to you. If you haven’t had a confirmation, we don’t have your booking! Please contact Penny again.
- Bookings will close at the stated time. We regret that NO bookings can be accepted after that date/time.
- Doors will open at 19.30 and welcome drinks will not be available before that time. Please do not arrive before then to allow the committee time to arrange the tables etc.
- Table numbers are always allocated by a draw from the bag. Arriving early will not influence your table number!
- As we now collect the money at the tables it would be helpful if you bring the correct amount.
- If you need to cancel after the Friday deadline you should contact Penny direct. Please DO NOT contact the venue.
- Sorry – but if you have to cancel after the deadline or don’t turn up you will still have to pay.
Pan casero con tomate
Ensalada verde de escarola, con queso azul, peras y nueces
Calamar lacado con cremoso de ajo aceite
Ravioli relleno de morcilla de La Xara
Secreto ibérico con setas y “trinxat” de patata
Merluza en papillote con verduras de nuestra huerta
Tatín de Manzana
Cost 30€ per person
I wish you a Very Happy New Year and look forward to seeing you all on the 19th January.
John Sloggie, President