The April tasting took place at Restaurante Ca La iaia, and Vice-President Paul Nicholls hosted the evening. He welcomed members and guests, and then introduced the evening’s wine presenter, Pablo Miranda Roger, who presented wines from Bodegas Vizar near Valladolid. They have 80 hectares on the banks of the Douro river, located between the river and a canal. They produce 80 hectares of vines, and are aiming for a fully ecological range of wines by 2018. Four wines were presented on the evening, a white and three reds. A full report on the tasting can be found on the Society’s Web site under recent tastings or by clicking on “April Tasting”. The cost of each wine, where it can be purchased and average score given by members is shown in the list of wines tasted in 2017, which can be found by clicking on “Wines tasted in 2017”.
Gran Feria de Vinos
The XVI Gran Feria de Vinos Espagnoleswill take place on the 4th and 5th of May from 14.00 to 20.00 hours at the Tennis club, Solpark, Moraira
The May Tasting will take place on the 18th at Punta Negra, MR Les Rotes, Denia when Bodegas Finca Elena from DO Jumilla will present the wines.
If you wish to reserve accommodation at the hotel for the night please just mention that you are attending the CBWS dinner and the hotel will offer you 15% discount from the room rate.
This is an open evening so members are welcome to bring guests subject, as always, to availability.
Please remember that the booking deadline is now the FRIDAY before the tasting.
- Reservations and choice of main course please to: Penny Floodgate Tel: 965794996 or email email@example.com. Reservations must be received no later than the deadline 12.00 noon on Friday 12th May.
- When you book Penny will ALWAYS confirm back to you. If you haven’t had a confirmation, we don’t have your booking! Please contact Penny again.
- Bookings will close at the stated time. We regret that NO bookings can be accepted after that date/time.
- Doors will open at 19.30 and welcome drinks will not be available before that time. Please do not arrive before then to allow the committee time to arrange the tables etc.
- Table numbers are always allocated by a draw from the bag. Arriving early will not influence your table number!
- As we now collect the money at the tables it would be helpful if you bring the correct amount.
- If you need to cancel after the Friday deadline you should contact Penny direct. Please DO NOT contact the venue.
- Sorry – but if you have to cancel after the deadline or don’t turn up you will still have to pay.
Welcome drink in our garden
ENTRANTES / STARTERS
Les Rotes salad
Salmon and seabass tartar with pickled vegetables and valencian tomato
Codfish fritters with honey alioli and pistachios
MAIN COURSE TO CHOOSE…
Grilled beef entrecote with vegetables
Fried confit hake with vegetables oil and ‘’piquillo peppers’’
Cost 30€ for members 35€ for guests
Looking forward to seeing you on the 18th.